Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you when you interact with our church, website, or other related services. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Name, address, and contact details (phone number, email address)
- Age, date of birth, and gender
- Church membership status
- Donations and financial contributions
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
In addition to personal information, we may also collect statistical information that is not personally identifiable, such as demographic data and general usage patterns. This information is collected to help us understand and improve our services but will not be linked to any individual member or visitor.
Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Providing and improving our services
- Communicating with you about church activities, events, and updates
- Processing donations and financial contributions
- Responding to inquiries and providing support
- Complying with legal obligations
Sharing of Personal Information
We understand the importance of confidentiality and will not share your personal or contact information with anyone outside the membership of the church, the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS) district, regional, or national offices without your explicit consent, except in the following circumstances:
- If required by law or to comply with a legal process
- To protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others
- In connection with the sale, merger, or acquisition of our church or its assets
We may, however, share statistical information in aggregated and anonymized form for research, reporting, or promotional purposes. This information will not include any personally identifiable details and cannot be linked to specific individuals.
Security of Personal Information
We employ industry-standard security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, loss, or alteration. However, please note that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Use of Images/Video
We may capture photographs, videos, or other forms of visual media during church events and activities. These images may include recognizable depictions of individuals, including members and visitors. By participating in these events and activities, you acknowledge and agree that such images may be used by Shepherd for the purposes described in this policy.
Purpose of Use
Images captured during church events and activities may be used on our church website, social media channels, promotional materials, or other communication channels. The purpose of using these images is to:
- Share the experiences and highlights of our church events and activities
- Promote our church and its mission to the wider community
- Celebrate the achievements and involvement of our members and participants
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, including the right to:
- Access, update, or correct your personal information
- Withdraw consent for the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information
- Request the deletion of your personal information, subject to legal requirements
Our website or other services may contain links to external websites or resources. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party sites. We encourage you to review their privacy policies before providing any personal information.
Shepherd of the Grove Evangelical Lutheran Church
11875 W. Eagle Lake Drive, Maple Grove, MN 55369
Date of Last Revision: July 3, 2023